Monday, October 1, 2007

Bento #22 - Spanish Rice


Ok, that didn't last long. I feel craptastic, but I felt guilty about not making my hubby meals (especially to take to work), so I made him bentos anyway. I actually DID make one last night for his lunch today, but I was too out of it to care enough to take a picture.

This one is for his dinner, as I know he'll be very hungry when he gets home - he apparently didn't notice the side dish of carrot sticks or corn muffins when he took his lunch out of the fridge this morning, so his lunch is kinda small for him. I think this meal looks small in the picture, but it is quite large - I think that container holds close to 4 cups or so. It's just your average tupperware-ish container, but I wanted something square for a change!

New tweaked version of Spanish rice (I'll post a recipe if he deems it satisfactory), with carrot sticks (repurposed from the forgotten side dish), cherry tomatoes from the garden, and steamed broccoli. Not shown, three mini corn muffins.

Going to have to make more muffins soon - I make a batch of 24 minis, and freeze them for future use. I'll post the recipe later on. ^_^

My temperature is sitting at 102 degrees right now, so I apologize if this makes little to no sense - I'm trying! D:

2 comments:

Schatze said...

This dinner does look good - I'd like to see your recipe for the rice.

Hope you feel better soon!

Author said...

Hi Marryth,
I'm sorry you are feeling so ill. If it is any consolation lots of people where I work (especially those with children) have been ill too. So there is something that is definately making the rounds right now.

You are really a trooper to continue to make bentos when you are not feeling well -- and especially to experiment witih new recipes. Kudos!!!!!

And please Get Well Soon! M