Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bento #25 and 26 - Butterfly Onigiri

So, I've quickly learned that my new spot for taking photos really isn't any better than the others - anything light colored gets totally washed out, and with flash off, isn't very visible. x_x

I actually took the whole afternoon baking/cooking stuff in mass batches to freeze for bentos - mini banana bread muffins, mini corn muffins, supercute mini peanut butter cookies with star decors, randomly shaped onigiri, and a bunch of mini hamburgers. Alas, the cookies and such look lame as hell with this crappy camera, because you can't see all the little details I put into them. :(



Top is my bento - simple, I know, but I still feel like hell. This is the most solid food I've eaten since I got sick. I never feel like eating when I'm sick, the most I eat is soup. :S Consists of one mini banana bread muffin, some raisins, red grapes, and brussels sprouts and carrots with a little butter.


Hubby's for tomorrow. Mini burgers with a few yellow hot pepper rings, lion soy sauce bottle for the onigiri (you can't see it very clearly either, and it's CUTE!). Two butterfly onigiri stacked on top of each other (I even took the time to draw on yellow details on the top butterfly, using a hot pepper's juice), surrounded by red grapes, and brussels sprouts with carrots (with a little butter on 'em).

Side dish with 4 mini peanut butter cookies (the star decors make them SO cute, I really need to take a picture of them somewhere they can be seen properly! :( , two mini banana bread muffins, and one mini corn muffin. Also, a hello kitty container of ketchup for the burgers, and more soy sauce for the onigiri.

3 comments:

Mer said...

Way to go on all the baking ahead of time you did! That will pay off, for sure.

Marryth said...

Thanks! I need to make more onigiri though, but I'm waiting til my mould gets here. Much, much faster that way. :3

Schatze said...

I love reading your site! Great hubby-bento. :)