Sunday, October 21, 2007

Kaia's Birthday Cakes!



I spent like 4 hours last night getting everything made and assembled for her party today. But these are the cakes I made. ^_^

The cupcakes and the heart cake are the same, pretty plain. But creamcheese frosting and star decors! The heart is the one I made for Kaia to destroy, if she so desires - it's all for her.

The spider cake is the GOOD one - devil's food cake, berry filling, cream cheese frosting. I'm not really happy about how the web pattern turned out - the tube of frosting I bought was REALLY stiff and hard to work with! :( Still, it turned out ok. And it'll be very yummy. :D

6 comments:

Author said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAIA!!!!

May all of your wishes come true!

- Actually I think a lot of them must have already come true because you have an incredibly cool mom who would make not one, not two, but multiple cakes for you! And one just for you to destroy!

Marryth, your cakes are all cool looking and the spider cake - was it as delicious as it sounds? M

Marryth said...

Thankies! :)

She had a blast wrecking her cake! She got frosting EVERYWHERE - all over her face, her clothes, up her nose, in her hair...yeah, it was funny. She had a few star decors stuck in her hair afterwards as well. :P

The spider cake was super yummy - I tried to be good and only have a small slice, but I went back for another. ^_^; It went fast!

Schatze said...

Those look incredible! I especially like the spider cake. :)

Mer said...

I love that spider cake! Were the spiders edible? Or were they plastic?

Marryth said...

The spiders were plastic - I couldn't find any candy ones that looked good enough to use.

My cousin's son cracked me up, though. He saw the cake, and said, "Look at the spiders, Nana! They're tasty and delicious!"

I said no, they're plastic and inedible.

"Look at the spiders! They're plastic and we cannot eat them!"

He's 3. :P

Mer said...

That's too funny. I am impressed that a three-year-old figured out what "inedible" meant. :0)