Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bento #31 - The Onigiri Formerly Known as Sheep


See that pile of rice in the lower left corner? Yeah, that used to be a sheep onigiri. He broke in half when I was shifting it from the bowl I microwaved it in (was from my frozen stash)! :( Oh well, it'll still taste good. :P

Keeping my poor rice company is a few sprigs of broccoli, and an elephant soy sauce bottle. In the main portion of the Lock n Lock are two chicken burger patties cut into chunks, a few buttered brussels sprouts, a HK container of BBQ sauce for the chicken, and a pear, cut into chunks, topped with cinnamon. You can't really see it, but there's a cute soft green monkey food pick tucked in beside the pear chunks. I just received it today, along with a few others, and my rice ball moulds and green grapes kinchaku bag, to match my bento box! Yay! So after I use up the last of my handformed onigiri, it's on to the rounds! I'll make up a batch tomorrow, probably. ^_^

I know, not much color in this one. We're moving soon, so we don't want to spend too much money til then. :3 So happy to finally be moving, though! The LATEST we'll be out is December 1st - something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Author said...

Hi marryth,

Moral of the story: keep onigiri frozen until you take the picture. : )

But then you wouldn't have had such a cute story so it's just as well.

Love the little soy sauce and mayo sauce containers too! M