Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bento #24 - Pumpkins!


Yeah, I'm sure my hubby will be thrilled with this one. I told him, "Your lunch is cute!"...his reply? "Great..." >_>;

Halloween is coming, though! I decided to try making onigiri for the first time, be afraid! One is a pumpkin shape, one is just a roundie, and they both have raisin faces - I don't have nori yet. Green and red grapes surround them, and a couple pumpkin shaped candies are joining the party. A little soy sauce bottle is hiding under the pumpkin, for the onigiri. I resisted the urge to put one of my cute animal soy sauce bottles in, and used a plain one. It could be worse, right? :P

Peas and corn on the left side, more grapes and carrot sticks (again!) in a side dish, and the last of the corn muffins in a little ziplock bag.

I've been searching for alternate sites to buy my bento stuff from, aside from eBay, and J-List seems to be a decent choice. I've actually bought a couple animes from them in the past, and was very happy with the service, so I probably will try them next time. They have bento boxes and more - furikake too! I haven't been able to find any furikake with a decent price tag on eBay, so that's even more of a reason for me. Also, Japanese snacks sound good - I can't get much in the way of it here. Mmm... :3

2 comments:

Author said...

Hi Marryth,

You and i both have Halloween in mind; one of my favorite holidays. This bento is very cute - love the pumpkin onigiri w/raisin faces. Very nice!

Schatze said...

The raisin faces turned out great! I think the round one looks like a little ghost. How cute! :)