Monday, October 1, 2007

Bento #23 - Spanish Rice (sorta)


I had a little Spanish rice sitting in a bowl in the fridge - leftovers from earlier. I fried up some ground beef, and mixed the two together. The result? I got my youngest brother to play guinea pig for me, and he says it's good. We'll see what hubby thinks tomorrow. :P

My last two veggie egg rolls and a mini corn muffin accompany the beefy rice. And, a side dish of grapes and carrot sticks.

I know, I repeat a fair bit, but I hate waste. D: Also, my dad bought a hugeass bag of carrots that I have to burn through before they go bad! (It's BIG, I think 10lbs?)

3 comments:

Schatze said...

That rice looks good! Thanks for posting the corn bread recipe, too. I like that it doesn't call for a whole lot of sugar.

About those carrots: carrot cake (minimuffins? :))and carrot soup are great ways to use them up. I make soup that way once and seemed to use a lot.

Marryth said...

Ooh, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is so good, and I haven't made it in a while...maybe I should. :3

Author said...

Carrot cake or carrot bread in the shape of mini muffins might be good for bento too.