Monday, September 10, 2007

Bento #2 - Tonkatsu Bento for Hubby




My lameass attempt at tonkatsu...yeah, trying to cook anything with a teething, sick baby doesn't go so well. Slightly...overdone. But, I gave my husband some for dinner today, and he said it was "ok". I guess anything edible is "ok", but when asked what he'd rate it, he gave it a 7.

I didn't bother cutting it up for him, as he's just eating it at home.

It's on a bed of rice, with some peas and corn on the side. Also, a couple mini corn muffins are keeping the veggies company.

I know, boring. But hey, it's edible, and it's better than takeout!

2 comments:

Pikko said...

I just ordered this book called "The One-Armed Cook". I'll let you know how that one is!

Marryth said...

Haha, I consider myself lucky when I have one arm free, so please do let me know how it is!

She's normally pretty fussy (first colic, now teething), but this is the first time she's ever been sick (I'm very lucky on that one I think, she's almost 11 months old now), so it's worse than normal. >_<