Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bento #20 - Roast Meat and Veggies

Bento #20 already! Guess it helps that I'm bento-ing for two. (Three soon enough, Kaia's already closing in on her first birthday!) Pictures turn out so terribly at night, but that'll be remedied soon - moving in November, and we're definitely getting a brighter place. That, and I'm looking into buying a new digital camera in the near future. ^_^

It's my husband's first day at his new job, like I mentioned in my earlier post, so I wanted him to have a meal he'd really enjoy. And, while I rarely eat even poultry, my husband is BIG on his protein, especially red meats. So, I made a moose roast!

Yes, here in Canada at least, we eat moose. (Well, I don't, but others do.) It's a very lean red meat - almost no fat on it at all. So, it's good for those who are big on beef, but not big on fat.

I roasted it with some diced yellow flesh potatoes, and garden-fresh carrot chunks. Seasoned with dried red pepper and garlic, and a little black pepper. I diced it once it was cooked, to allow for easier eating. Not going to send him to work with a steak knife! D:

Also included is more concord grapes, kiwifruit hiding under said grapes, and a giraffe fruit pick. Side container of sliced navel orange, and another small kiwifruit, chopped up. And, last but not least, three mini corn muffins in a ziplock container.

Not pictured, juice.

3 comments:

Mer said...

Moose roast - sounds good to me. :0)

I am looking forward to you getting a new camera that does your bentos justice.

Schatze said...

I wish I could see more, too! It sounds really good tho, especially all the different kinds of fruit - lots of vitamins in there. :)

Marryth said...

Maybe a solution to the terrible pictures dilemma - move bentos to my bedroom to be photographed. :3 It works, I guess.

I asked him what kind of fruit he wanted with his meal. His answer? "Everything!" Okiedokie, will do. :)