Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bento #17 and #18 - Ramen and Carrots


Top tier: Pretty similar to yesterday, as that's the leftover pasta. I'm usually really good at just eyeballing the amount of food needed for whatever size portion, but I ended up with extra for once. I mean, it was totally deliberate, I made extra for today's bento! >_> Also, steamed carrots are keeping the pasta company.

Lower tier: Cucumber from my mom's garden (I have my doubts as to how good it'll be, I have a suspicion she took it out late again this year, post-first frost, but we'll see shortly!), kiwifruit, and my little penguin food pick again.


These are the Hello Kitty utensils I bought with that last round of eBay bento purchases, but I forgot to show them in my last post. They fit perfectly into the lid of my Putifresh box, too. ^_^



Hubby's bento: Ramen noodles with sakura-shaped steamed carrots, chicken nuggets, concord grapes, carrot sticks, and a Hello Kitty cup of ranch dip for the carrot sticks.

4 comments:

Schatze said...

That looks good! Do chicken nuggets taste good cold, or does he reheat them?

Marryth said...

This one was actually still warm when he ate it, but normally, he does microwave it.

I've never tried cold chicken nuggets, but I'd imagine they'd taste ok...texture-wise they might suffer, though. I'm super picky when it comes to textures, and chicken nuggets aren't so great to begin with. :P

Author said...

i love the little Hello Kitty utensils - they are really cute! M

Marryth said...

I really like them, too. ^_^ Going to get some green ones next time to match, I think.

I picked the pink ones to go with my piggy bento, but didn't realize how perfectly they fit in this new one!