Monday, August 27, 2007

Bento #1 - Mini Burger Bento for Hubby!


Ok, so it isn't much to look at - but it's a start, right?

Seriously though, if you saw what I had to work with, you'd applaud my lame bento...need groceries. But I'm cheap, so I'm making due with what I have. ^_^;

Just needed to make a bento for my husband, as I'll be at work during lunch, and I don't work long enough to warrant a break...so I'll just eat some salad or something when I get home.

I use a 1L Lock & Lock box for his bento, as I was unable to find a suitable (read: not pink and cutesy like mine) bento box for him without breaking the bank. This one cost me about 6 bucks at Zellers, for you Canadian folks. I like it, because it has three removable dividers, and is microwave safe. He likes it, because it's functional, and it isn't pink. Win-win, right? Ha ha.

Contents: Peanut butter (crunchy!) and grape jelly sandwich, plum, mini burgers, hot pepper rings and a mini tomato from my garden, and some steamed broccoli and mini carrots.

This is actually the first time I've ever made burgers of any sort, as I don't eat meat...but I'll cook it for my husband and daughter, so I figured it was time to make the effort. Result - he says they are "fine". Hmm...

I know, I know, the picture quality is terrible. But my camera needs to be replaced, and the lighting in the house could be better. I'm too cheap to buy a new camera just yet, though. Eventually...

2 comments:

Pikko said...

Hey! I found your blog in profile search and you caught my eye cause you play FFXI too. Nice start to a bento blog!

As for pictures, the way I take mine is I make the flash stay off and take the pictures in my kitchen under fluorescent lights. Then when I put them on my comp I use Photoshop Elements to brighten the image up. Helps TONS!

Marryth said...

I really haven't had much time for FFXI lately (new job, teething baby, and we both came down with nasty colds about a week ago...bleh), but yes, I do play. Hubby does as well, though not so much lately - everyone needs a break once in a while.

Thanks for the photo tip! The lighting in this house is really terrible, but we plan on moving in November. Hopefully our new place will have better lighting...it's one of the things I'm looking for, anyway.