Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bento #43 - Chicken, meet panko.




So I had some skinless, boneless chicken to use. My old standby is parmesan + italian seasoning, but I decided to try something else.

That's right - chicken, meet panko. I added some seasoning salt, pepper, parsley and oregano. Mixed in a tiny bit of oil. Wet the chicken, roll it in panko mix of doom. Pat on more, so it's nice and crunchified. Bake at 350F til cooked!

I was pretty happy with the way it looks, and hubby said it tasted good, too - he requested this piece make it to his lunch, and so, it did. I didn't try it, myself, as I wasn't in a meat mood. I'm probably going to bake another piece or two tomorrow, though - I want to try it now! :P

I also made bread today. The house still smells good! I love homemade bread. Mmm. Anyway, I turned it into weirdo rolls - 3 balls together - but then realized that I need to buy another muffin pan. Normally, I'd toss them into muffin cups, but that wasn't an option, so they ended up on cookie sheets. They didn't hold together as well as I'd like, but hey, they still taste good!

A little jasmine rice is hiding under the chicken, and cucumber is keeping some leftover meatballs at bay. I know, not particularly colorful, but hey - it'll taste good! ^__^

No comments: